Saturday, July 05, 2008

Wimbledon, Ladies Finals Day.

So I really should talk about the Ladies final, but I think this needs to be said first.

(Pictures from www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/index.html)


Laura Robson won the junior Wimbledon title! She played such a good game. She beat the Thai 3rd seed Noppawan Lertcheewakarn, 6-3, 3-6, 6-1. I really hope she can keep up this level of tennis and break onto the WTA tour with a vengeance!


In the Ladies final, Venus triumphed over Serena to win her 5th Wimbledon title. I didn't watch the match, I was too busy shouting 'Laura, Laura, Laura,' at the TV with Principessa! Venus won in straight sets, 7-5, 6-4.

So, Men's final day tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be watching as the F1 race is on at the same time. And as it's the British Grand Prix, I think that might need watching. Let's hope Louis Hamilton can win at Silverstone.

No comments: