Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Reliving lost days...

Yay! But oops! I fell to the perils of Ebay, once again, but I have finally got a copy of Chronicle Of The Black Sword by Hawkwind! Raaaawwwwwkkkk! Chuffed to little mintballs I am. I've been meaning to get the album for ages as I only had a copy on cassette, and it's one of those albums that gets under your skin. The only problem now is, I want to go and dig our my Elric books and read them all over again. Maybe Stormbringer is trying to eat my soul!

What makes me smile even more as I listen to the album again is that Principessa is rocking out with me. She has already decided that Jerry Cornelius's Needle Gun is her favourite song.



She is making me giggle so much by pogo-ing about singing 'It's gonna make you run, needle, needle, needle, needle gun!" 'Tis a happy day.

'Tis a doubly happy day as I have also got myself a copy of Brian Lumley's book 'A Coven Of Vampires'. Woohoo! More little mintballs in the happy offing!

Right. Well. Happy day, but need to try and get the Medea/Don Juan essay written, and get ready for the surveyor and occupational therapist visit. They are hopefully going to the extension business started. Finally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally,hope your visits go well.I worked like a dog for about twelve hours yesterday and have just about got it done.After spending days looking at it but not being able to write.decided just to start writing and see what came of it-strangely it went quite well,that is i got it all down with few alterations.seems you crystalize your thoughts as you write,and as I new what I wanted to say it came out ok.Having said that it's drivel as usual but at least it's done.Will mail you as I am not sure how to reference the books correctly in the Bibliography.
Hawkwind eh,what a blast from the past,saw them in Manchester on their Sonic Attack tour when I was very,very young.Love 'em,completely spaced out!
PS.You must be tired=what's a THRID arm!!

Anonymous said...

Just noticed the Elric reference.Did you ever read the "Hawksmoon" series.Loved them when was a youngster.

Ally said...

I thought something didn't look right about that! Ah well. Might as well leave it!

I read most of the Eternal Champion series. I think I have the Hawkmoon series in omnibus form. I read Corum, Elric, most of the Jerry Cornelius, some Von Beck and the Erekose books. I quite like old Michael Moorcock's stuff :)

I've not had a chance to do anything more with the essay. Will start it soon. Not looking forward to it, just thinking about it makes me want to cry. Ho hum. At least the visit went well.