Thursday, July 03, 2008

Wimbledon, Day 9. And stuff.

(Picture from http://sports.espn.go.com/sports)

Ah well. I'm not surprised. There was only a modicum of hope, and that slipped away quite quickly when Murray just looked drained. I think he must have expended far to much energy in the match against Gasquet. At least he said he was outclassed rather than blaming his loss on exhaustion. Oh, yeah, Rafa won 6-3, 6-2, 6-4. It was only to be expected though.

Apart from Murray misery, Safin supremecy ruled! So chuffed! Wish I had not turned over to watch Murray. I was all 'blah' when Safin lost the first set, thinking that Lopez would easily win, especially as Safin was being Angryman again. But the rain delay helped in a big way, allowing Safin to focus. He won out 3-6, 7-5, 7-6, 6-3. *Bouncing* Problem the next... Federer, who beat Mario Ancic 6-1, 7-5, 6-4.

The other quarter final between Arnaud Clement and Rainer Schuettler was suspended due to bad light. Currently it stands at one set each.

On other stuff... Principessa caused havoc last night. Nanny had let her into the bathroom to wash her hands, leaving Principessa to her own devices. About ten minutes earlier, Principessa had pinched a slice of bread (I don't know how she can eat bread without anything on it, but it's one of her most favourite things). Yep, you can see it coming, can't you? She had taken the bread upstairs, and when she got entry into the bathroom - the sink in particular - she blocked the sink with her bread and flooded the bathroom. Argh! Lots of AngryNanny shouting ensued, followed by AngryGrandand shouting. Principessa understood that she had been very naughty and once she had been put to bed with a drink of orange juice she fell straight to sleep. I feel guilty for benefitting from her being disciplined, but having my bed to myself all night allowed me to have a good sleep for once!

I carried on studying Medea after Principessa went to sleep. I can't believe how much of a goldmine that play is in answering the essay question. There is so much good stuff, like how the different areas of the theatre were used to convey masculinity and femininity, and how different parts of the funerary rights were alloted to the mother and father. Lots of interesting info, and plenty of lines that contrast masculine and feminine attributes. I'm loving it! So I have decided to leave the rest of the blockwork for Medea for now, as I feel quite confident of being able to eke out all the good bits, and I am going to start the Don Juan blockwork today. I am hoping that I will find the same confidence with Don Juan that I have with Medea.

No comments: