Saturday, July 26, 2008

Why do I crucify myself?

Wow! It's been so long since I've listened to Tori Amos, let alone the album Little Earthquakes. I'd forgotten how good it was. I'd forgotten all the memories that comes with it too. Wow! All I can think of now is the start of a poem that I began years ago, that might now need looking at and rewriting because I really liked the first two lines:

Orcs and elves and Tori Amos
Let's not talk now about my demons

Yep, I still like those lines. Reading them back now, though, and remembering back to the time I wrote them, it's almost like I lay myself on a slab to be dissected. Eek! I'm sure there was another line in there somewhere that went something like:

Pysychology, Endocrinology
I'll know you inside out.

Slightly sinister, me thinks!

Hold on... just listening to Silent All These Years... Fantastic! That song still takes my breath away.



So, today is another day of combing the essay. I did a little yesterday, ended up more or less rewriting the conclusion, just to include why the two pieces are still relevant today, taking into account the masculine/feminine attributes and comparing them to modern day cultures. Hmmm, I hope it sounds okay. I've just got to make the rest read fluidly now. Maybe I should put some more references in. Not line references, I have enough of those, but references as to where I got the info for the rest of it. Wish I wouldn't panic so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally,well it's done 1586 words.Think it's time to walk away-sometimes we change things too much and then realise our first impressions were correct.

I am going to do tma09 this week so as to leave me plenty of time for tma08.I go on holiday at the beginning of september so I need to finish by the end of August-so panic will ensue no doubt.

Just a thought about 09,when it asks for analysis are we looking at 300words as in tma02 or have I missed something?

PS.love Tori Amos,now she is a complex girl!Got me reminscing and broke out my "Mazzy Star"."fade into you"is an all time fave.

Ally said...

Yup, most definitely. I'm at 1550 words and my 5th draft! Went back today and merged part of my first conclusion with most of the second conclusion, then preened the whole lot. Ho hum. Still think it's a lod of codswallop.

With TMA09 it's as many words as you can do in the time allowed. So, as long as you answer the question you can write as much as you want.

Never really listened to Mazzy Star. Only ever heard the song on the Batman Forever soundtrack. Soz!