Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is that the fat lady I hear?

(Pic from www.edward-norton.org/)

No, the pic is not a representation of how I feel, though it is more than likey what my brain looks like after writing that essay. That said, I have finished. Done, done, done. 1537 words of pure, unadulterated rubbish. After a full day of working, many long words thrown in to make me sound intelligent, words like dichotomy and socio-verbal. Words I would never use in everyday life. God, I'd probably sound like Edward Norton (have you ever listened to his commentary or what ever the extra is on Fight Club?)! But it is done. I am just hesitant to send the damn thing off now. I'll leave that until tomorrow, I think. Give my brain a rest and a give the spawn of the devil essay a final read through tomorrow.

I think I should go and spend some time with Principessa now. Poor thing. I've almost completely ignored her today just so I could get this essay out of the way. At least she has me to herself over the next few days, now I don't have anything to fret about! Yay! Playtime with Principessa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done again.just a few finishing touches on mine.Will probably do them on Monday and then straight into TMA09.
You think yours is bad,I don't even know what socio-verbal means!

Do like Edward Norton myself,although not such a fan of Americans in genral.Also like John Cussack especially in Grosse Point Blank.

Ally said...

Thank you muchly :)

I had a read over of my essay this morning, and it is a bunch of poo! I have tweaked here and there, more or less completely re-written the conclusion, and the wordcount must feel like it's on a bungee jumping holiday!
However, it's now at 1540 words, still a load of rubbish, but I am sick of looking at it.

And as for socio-verbal, I don't even know if it's a real word, but it sounds good and describes what I want it to, so I've stuck with it!