Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cabaret Cthulhu...

























(Pictures from http://www.toyvault.com/cthulhu/plush_cthulhu.html and www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies)

I have just been watching some TV with Principessa, specifically a program called Doodle Do. I must admit, I zoned out a little. My brain went off on a tangent and I found myself thinking about Cthulhu. I wondered why, but then I realised. The characters on Doodle Do resemble cabaret Cthulhu hand puppets! I don't feel so bad about Principessa having a cuddly Cthulhu now!

Now I have a picture in my head of Cthulhu in Las Vegas, feathers and all, singing 'I Will Survive'! I suppose it'd look a little like this, but with more tentacles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only do I not know what that is,I can't pronounce it either!

Ally said...

K-thoo-loo. Or K-too-loo. Seems pretty interchangeable to me :)

Cthulhu is one of the Great Old Ones, part of the Cthulhu Mythos by H.P. Lovecraft. You can find more info, if you're interested, from the links in the post, or from the Lovecraft pages.