Monday, July 14, 2008

TMA avoidance.

This is what this is. I am so frustrated with the whole thing, it's driving me up the bloody wall.

So, what do I have to do in this latest essay? I have to contrast the traditional attributes of masculinity and femininity in two of four specified texts. I've already said that I have chosen Don Juan and Medea here, but working the essay around them is proving more elusive than the Scarlet Pimpernel. I know what I want to say, and what parts of the 'texts' I want to use, but cohesion is non-existent! I am floundering, plain and simple. It is so frustrating because both of the 'texts' are goldmines for essay material. Maybe that's the problem, maybe I'm trying to incorporate too much. I think I will need more thinking time.

On other stuff... The things Principessa has me doing! Today she had me try to teach her how to play bowling and tennis on Wii Sports. It was both funny and frustrating at the same time. Principessa has developed the art of selective hearing extremely well, so trying to show her or explain to her what to do is a very hard job. But, saying that, she did strike out in bowling at one point. 'Twas very impressive! Another thing she has me do is put socks over her bedtime bottle (sooo much less hassle than a cup at bedtime) so that the milk or orange juice doesn't freeze her hands. Oh, if a drink is too cold she throws it on the floor. That is me, not a happy Mummy! A sock makes it all better, and her socks fit the bottle perfectly!

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Time to try and get more of this essay done. 500 words down (ish), another 1000 to go....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally,believe me you are not alone.In fact i am really glad you wrote that!My feelings are identical,I have been lazy,de-motivated.There is tons of material to use but I just can't write!I even have the conclusion in my head.
Having said that i managed 500 words yesterday although i am less than happy with it.
I have decided to split it down and just completely focus on one character at a time so i am not overloading myself with information.Hopefully i will be able to pull it together coherently with a strong conclusion!
Sorry you missed the day school btw-they make me feel like a real student!
Keep plodding on ,we still have two weeks.

Ally said...

It's slightly dis-heartening, this feeling of demotivation. I've always felt very gung-ho when starting a TMA, but this one, nothing!

Yup, I hate missing the day schools. This one could have really helped. Can I ask, did you get any notes for Medea? If you did could I pester you for copies? I would be eternally greatful :D

I will start my muddling this afternoon, if Principessa permits me to. Maybe some CBeebies on the TV will help!

Anonymous said...

We didn't get any notes this time,it was more of a workshop.Although it was interesting and motivational it didn't really have much to do with the tma.
All i can say is I am picking a couple of traits for each character and then showing examples of.
ie.Medea-betrayed,manipulative,vengeful.
Jason-Proud,egotistical.
Higgins-dominant,egotistical
Eliza-not sure yet.
Did try to record the session with my new dictaphone,but being a technophobe I buggered it up!

Ally said...

Ah, okies :)

Yeah, I was going to go for the weak/strong, warrior/mother type of thing. Other than that, it's just writing the thing. With Don Juan I am just going to say how instruments and other musical elements are employed to define gender. I just hope I manage to write something good, not that drivel I wrote for 06. *Sigh*