Thursday, July 17, 2008

I feel like a quote out of context...

Argh! This TMA is doing my head in! But on the upside, this is post 250! Woohoo! And act 2 of Dr. Horrible's Song-Along Blog is up for viewing.

Back to normal programming. I am slowly being driven up the oil-slicked wall with this TMA. Every time I think I have found a foothold I am unceremoniously dropped from a great height. The Medea section seems to be coming together, but the Don Juan bit is eluding me at the minute, even though I know I have all the info that I need to write it. Fudgecakes! I may be going slightly mad.

So, for a quick music lesson...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ally,here is a thought.I have managed to do the Medea bit.As usual I think it is junk but I mentioned before about word count.250 words ish per character does not give you much room for an in depth analysis.So my point-I THINK WE ARE TRYING TOO HARD AND TRYING TO LOOK BEYOND THE MOST OBVIOUS.I am thinking find say two feminine traits and two masculine in each character,evn the obvious ones and that's it.We don't have room for more.For example Higgins is selfish and immature so show this with examples and then comment and it's done.250words,repeat four times plus intro and a good conclusion.Hey presto!! Of course I could be talking rubbish!

Ally said...

Yep, I think you may be right about the trying too hard, and I think we are definitely over analysing. So, I had a look at Medea and I think I am just going to contrast the registers of discourse, social space and Medea's and Jason's relationship. This allows me to get the mother/wife vs warrior aspect in. And with Don Juan, it's just analysing the techniques to provide the masc/fem contrast. Just writing the thing now.

Anonymous said...

Good on you,glad you have got the impetus.Now I am paranoid-registers of discourse.Must have missed that bit.

Ally said...

Page 100 in the block book, and section D9, but mostly from page 117 onwards, in the resource book.