Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wimbledon, Day 8

(Picture from www.wimbledon.org)

Bum! So Tamarine Tanasugarn was knocked out by Venus Williams, 4-6, 3-6. Ho hum. But, Zheng Jie fly-swatted Nicole Vaidisova aside, 6-2, 5-7, 6-1. Zheng played some fantastic shots, but I was worried she would break down after losing the second set. I'm glad she didn't. She has also pledged to donate her prize money to the victims of the Chinese earthquake. Here is how Thursday's semi-finals look:


Looking forward to the Murray/Nadal match and the Safin/Lopez match today. I'd watch Federer, but there is only so many times you can watch brilliance in action before it gets a little bit boring. I'm kind of hoping that Mario Ancic can cause an upset and knock Federer out, if only to cause a little bit of excitement rather than the same-old, same-old.

Well, while I have Principessa occupied watching Balamory and other CBeebies favourites, I shall go and study some more Medea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost enjoyed the tennis over the last few days.The Murray match had it all methinks.Having said that I think he has had it today.
Got loads of ideas for Medea and the tma and seem to have the structure sorted but... I cannot be arsed(for want of a better term)Seem to have lost my mojo.Think maybe coz we have another month I am just bumbling along.Ha suppose that will change and I will enter panic mode in the last week.
Still doing Don Juan?Think you are brave or mad on that one!

Ally said...

Yeah, the Murray match was fantastic! Even though at the beginning of the third set me and my friend Laura thought he'd had it! That was some fight back! I'm not writing him off just yet, but saying that I'm quite sure Nadal will win. See, Federer is brilliance, but Nadal is pure genius with bonus entertainment.

Yup, Medea has tons of stuff that can be used. It is almost the essay on it's own, there is so much that is relevant, it's almost paint by numbers! I'm still weighing up whether or not to do Don Juan, I am not even close to starting the block work for it. Ask me that in about a week and a half... I might have changed my mind by then. I have been thinking of alternative points I could use in Pygmalion, it has to be said. (And brave vs. mad... Maybe you could reference Medea to answer that question!)