Friday, November 02, 2007

Toilet Riser

I have this piece of machinery that reminds my brain-that-works-in-mysterious-ways of Ed209 from Robocop. This piece of machinery is to help me get on and off the toilet. Over the last few weeks the seat part became decidedly dodgy, making it feel like it would break down at any minute (no, it's malfunction was not telling me I had 20 seconds to comply). Well, a new riser was delivered this morning, but lo and behold if it doesn't work.

When I say it doesn't work... I mean we can't assemble the damn thing as the arm attachment rod has been put on backwards! Not good! It's times like these I really wish that I had an iron bladder. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I found out yesterday that my nomination for Neil Gaiman's journal was successful enough to take it to the final stages in the Weblog awards. Now all I have to do is rally some support and get people voting for it. I hope he wins!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get rid of those unsafe and uncomfortable contraptions - solve the problem once - look at this product I use, it works great!

www.medwaycorp.com

Dennis - Ohio