Saturday, November 03, 2007

Stepping back in time; five months ago

This was the time I was potty training Principessa. I was having trouble getting her to use the potty, though I did finally work out what I needed to do. This happened after hours of trawling the net, looking at advice pages. The best piece of advice I found (after "Let the child get used to having a potty around, so they know what it is") was "Just stick with it, no matter how many times a nappy is asked for." Yeah, I know, kind of obvious. It isn't when you're doing it, the easy option is to just give in and put on the nappy. So I followed that advice and within three days she was potty trained. Even more amazing than that was she took to night-time trained two days later and was completely out of nappies a few days later (with a couple of little accidents, but not as many as I was expecting).

Anyway, the point of this post was to share this video. It nearly made me wet myself when I saw it, and as the subject is potty training, then it is quite apt for the post.

No comments: