Monday, November 12, 2007

Bleurgh!

Ill. Ill, ill, ill. 'Tis both Principessa and I. Bleurgh! Stuffed up with cold, noses like taps. If only snot was a saleabe commodity!

I think being stuck outside the Empire on Saturday night didn't help. Went to see Cats with Gaz, and it was very enjoyable. Nothing like I expected, though I couldn't help thinking of a stand up comedy show I saw a month or two ago, with this English comedian and his back-up musicians doing his Lloyd-Webber rendition inspired act. It really was very well observed! So really, I should have known what I was in for!

Principessa is becoming somewhat of a computer whizz. (Hang on, sneezing fit approaching...) I bought a USB (shouldn't that be an? It doesn't sound right though... an USB?) keyboard for the old laptop to access some of the files that were on it. So now that I have a way of making it work (can you just see me with a spotlight shining into the laptop's screen saying 'I have ways of making you work"?) Principessa has been able to use it. Gaz got a USB mouse that is just about Principessa hand-sized, so now she knows how to go online, Nanny bookmarked Stage6 for her and some Night Garden and Tom and Jerry on Google video so she can go straight to the things she likes. She sits at her table, watching Dr Seuss stories, while opening up paint files and drawing! She also knows how to get Notepad up is she wants to type random letters!

On the NaNo front, I am so behind with words now. Didn't do any on Saturday, Principessa was still awake when I got home from the theatre. Didn't do any yesterday, I was feeling so washed out. Haven 't done too much today, I will buckle down after Principessa goes to sleep.

I am still surprised at how this story is turning out. It is nothing like what I had planned in my head when I started plotting out. I still haven't got to introducing the main characters!

Day 8: 368 words
Day 9: 298 words
Day 10: 0 words
Day 11: 0 words
Day 12: 168 words (so far)

No comments: