Monday, November 05, 2007

It's strange how you can go off a person.

So, as most people who know me know, I recently nominated a certain writer for a weblog award (mentioning no names, nah, bugger to that. 'Twas Neil Gaiman). Now, I know this may give the impression that I am a stalker (can you stalk in a wheelchair?), but I messaged aforementioned writer to inform him that I had nominated his journal as my way of appreciating his work. When the journal was selected as a finalist I messaged again to tell him, and to ask if he could direct the rest of his readership to the website so that maybe they could vote too. No response, no message on his journal. My mission then was to get peeps that would like to vote to vote. I left a message on his forum, and on a number of groups on facebook. I asked my friends to vote. I checked today to find he was about 200 points in the lead. So how irked was I after reading his journal today to see that someone else had also told him he had been nominated and that he was currently in the lead? Pah!

Okay, enough grrrrrr. I am still plodding along with my 'using the NaNo to get into good writerly habits, even though I am not participating' story. I'm going to have to do loads today whilst Principessa is at nursery. Here is the full word count for yesterday:

Day 4: 307 words

No comments: