Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Pomp and circumstance.

Bonfire night would be good if it wasn't for the smell of melting plastic as idiots throw stolen bins on the fire. Yep, they had searched around and pinched bins from people’s gardens just to throw on the bommie. All three of Gaz's bins were pinched, and our green bin was also fated to become a molten pool of petrochemical muck. The smell cut through everything, and it was still stinking at about 3am last night. The one good thing was the free firework show, which I could watch from my chair. Why go out in the cold to see professional shows when the ones from peoples back gardens are just as good.

I sat and watched (I don't know why) the opening of Parliament this morning. It's the first time I have ever done that. What a load of rubbish! Okay, tradition is all well and good, and I am not averse to a little tradition myself, but talk about taking themselves seriously! Nothing new was put forward for the coming parliamentary year, it was all the same as previous years: fight terrorism, sort out housing, and fix education. Hah! That is relatively impossible. Most kids don't want to be in school, and with reforms in policing and corporal punishment kids no longer have respect for anyone, so how do the government propose to keep kids in education until they are at least 18 years old?

Talking about school, Principessa is no longer going to nursery. Well, at least not until next February. The school called yesterday after she went in, and half an hour after starting she had managed to get herself in such a state that the teachers could not calm her down. I had a long talk with one of her teachers and we agreed that she would not go back until February. If she doesn't settle then, she will not go back until next September. I am now looking into home schooling her. It might be the easiest (though harder for me) option.

I am still plodding on with the NaNo. I'm actually surprised I have stuck with it for nearly a week. Things have happened already in the story that I wasn't expecting, but I think it is sounding okay. Here are the updated word counts:

Day 5: 297 words
Day 6: 213 words (so far)

No comments: