Thursday, November 01, 2007

Argh! Mini NaNo starts today!

Panic! Panic! Panic!

I feel like a headless chicken! I still have not managed to hash out the middle of my plot, and it is time to start writing! At least there I have managed to get something started. Only problem here is I am not sure how strong the start it, and I still don't really have a title. Poop!

Principessa woke up at 6.45ish this morning. My poor head! I hope I can concentrate later today when she goes to nursery. We had to play 'Keep Hammy warm' before coming downstairs. This consisted of wrapping Hammy (the squirrel from Over The Hedge) in a pink towel and then rocking him like a baby and calling him 'My little terror'. I don't know! Then Principessa started moaning for a bottle 'o' tea (relaxed parenting - she still gets comfort from a bottle, and I'm sure she'll grow out of it when she is ready), crying out "Oh woe is me"! Talk about a character!

Well, I will leave here with a little snippet of some of my NaNo attempt. This is the curse that happens in the first few paragraphs.

The fairest of friends,
The bitterest enemies.
By Bark: Bough and Trunk,
This is the Wyrd of the Trees
The heart of a Folk boy
You both seek to win.
To the victor; a husband.
To the loser; darkness within.
In two Lands - Buck and Folk
Always divided to be.
To leave, be cast down.
Withered wood shallst you be.
A Father's love
Returnst you here,
On the thirteenth day
Of her thirteenth year.
This Wyrd shallst reverse
By an apple; pure and white.
The truth of all things
Revealed in the light.
But a childs heartache
Is a Mother's cross.
A loving sacrifice
Is a family's loss.

(c) A. Tresidder 2007

No comments: