Monday, August 25, 2008

You know when you have writer's block and Pteranodontresiliteraturism when...

Not only can you not get finished, you can't get started either!

Well, I've started. Twice. But then I have found my words immersed by a quagmire of a million silent pteranodons. Ho hum.

And Skips, sorry about this, I'm going to use one of our conversations to explanation Pteranodontresiliterature. After all, it is where the term originated :D

  • Ally: I wish I could stick with writing one story. Started plotting out another story for mini nanowrimo. I think my brain hurts. (I must have some psychological block when it comes to getting a story finished!)
  • Skips: heheheheheh it's like finishing block rather than writers block! Maybe you're the only one in the world who has it. Then you can come up with the name for it. Tressiliterature Syndrome - my problems finshing a book! hehehe!
  • Ally: It'd only have one 's' though... Tresidder; one shark, two dolphins!
  • Skips: ok Tresiliterature then, although as it's the name of a syndrome you can add in as many silent and unnecessary letters as you wish and no one asks questions ;)
  • Ally: Okay! Then it should start with a silent Pteranodon then. Pteranodontresiliterature!
  • Skips: Pteranodontresiliterature! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! it's genius! I love it.*says in low worried voice* "So how is.. you know... the Pteranodontresiliterature?" HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! It could be a new word. We could add it to Wikipedia and soon the world would be using it as a description of when you can't finish something... :D
  • Ally: Ooohhhh, evil genius Skip at work to take over the world one Pteranodontresiliteratist at a time, Wiki-style!

And that is how the word was born!

I shall go and eat some chocolate now.

No comments: