Friday, August 15, 2008

Whales and dolphins, whales and dolphins, yeah!

(Pic from http://www.kidzone.ws/)

But no. Sharks and dolphins, no whales. In my dreams. Evoloved sharks and dolphins. Sharks in smoking jackets and dolphins in lab coats. Yes, I am mad.

So I had this weird dream, obviously. Above water level there was a TV station. There was some sort of Jeopardy style game show. The winners, well, they won. The losers, they were chucked into some massive vat and flushed away, where sharks waited in anticipation like dogs under a dinner table. When the losers appeared the sharks caught them, again like a dog catching scraps at the aforementioned dinner table. Some losers escaped, and found themselves at this strange, enclosed underwater complex.

Lots of rooms and corridors. The rooms were all plush, with all mod cons and any creature comforts you could think of. In these rooms, lots of peeps. There was only one problem. There were sharks inside. Sharks that could walk on their tail-fins, and use their pectoral fins as hands and arms. They would walk to a room, and just as a trained squirrel would do, pressed a button, the door would slide open, and the shark would snatch a person from the room. This happened a few times in the rooms that the dream me happened to be in. I became really annoyed by this, so found an interconnecting door. When the buzzer went on the door the shark was opening, I went through into the other room, quietly opened the door to the corridor, and attacked the shark from behind. (Here is where dreamtime goes anti-physics!) I grab the shark by his throat, and start screaming that I was fed up of him eating my friends. I walked down the corridor, shark by the throat, until we reached a set of double doors. Through the double doors we go, into a laboratory run by dolphins in lab coats and spectacles. I throw the shark at them, shouting that they can have him back because I was really pee'd off with him. The dolphins were mightly happy at the return of thier lab pet!

Then I woke up.

So yeah. I think I must have a fevered brain. Or maybe, after reading the Timothy Leary turn on-tune in-drop out stuff last night my brain decided that sharks and dolphins are to be my religion. Who knows. It must have been the repercussions of the "Death. Life. Structure" thing in the source reading. Must have been changed to Dolphins. Lab. Shark.

Well, off to continue reading the music unit, as the religion stuff is clearly playing with my head! (Though the music is doing my nut, too. Listening to "The Dangling Conversation", I am sure that the second "Are the borders of our lives" - as it is written in the lyric in the block book - is more "Are the warders of our lives" when you listen to it. It would make more sense to the song.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,you are a tad mad!! having said that my dreams are ones of terror disappointment.It's like the world is against me.maybe it's the counter culture thing playing with my head.

After a really good day yesterday,pretty nuch finished the science bit.Well I used the thalidomide example and wonder if primatology would have been a better choice.So may end up re-writing it.Starting to change my mind about using Rothko/warhol and am considering using the religeon section.Somehow seems a better contrast-well to my tired brain anyhow.Ho hum...

Skippy said...

dude you need to lay of smoking that crack ;)

Ally said...

Michael - I haven't even started the assignment. Gave up with the religion, moved onto music. I'm thinking of doing the music, it seems like it could provide an interesting contrast, though science and religion always begrudgingly go together. The music and religion would give a good contrast too. But I've not got the head for the religion stuff, so science it is for me.

Skips - I just need to keep off the coffee and toast before bed! I think they're putting hallucinogenics in the marmite these days!

Anonymous said...

Don't think it's the crack-must that "Vim" under the sink!

Ally said...

Vim? Purlease! Toilet Duck :p