Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Resuming normal service.

It's been a while, but I am back to my sports blogging. Yes, I know. Olympics. Only the biggest sporting event in the world every four years and I failed to blog. I didn't feel it necessary as it was on almost 24/7, and if you wanted to know about what was happening you would have watched for yourself! But, I am proud at how team GB fared. Especially in the cycling and sailing. And the swimming. But the Olympics are done and dusted so no blogging about them here.

No, I am back to tennis. Fresh of the heels of Olympic tennis we are now at the US Open at Flushing Meadows. The Brits have only two players in the competition, Andy Murray and Anne Keothavong. But, boo hiss, I cannot watch the matches. No. Eurosport do not have the license to show them. Only Sky does. I don't have Sky. Bugger! At least the good news is that both players are through to the second round. Yay! Very happy. I will just have to put up with watching the virtual scoreboards on the computer during their matches.

In other sports news... How miffed am I about the European GP at Valencia? The whole pit lane incident with Felipe Massa? The 'unsafe release' when he nearly drove into Adrian Sutil? He got away with a 10,000 euros fine. You just know that if that had been a McLaren driver that they would have had at least a drive through or a ten place penalty, have points docked from the constructors championship AND be given a monetary fine. I am just a little bit peeved. Grrrr!

So, that's the weekend sports review. Today, I shall mostly be writing an essay (I suspect). Especially as the glass walls trapping the essay in the recesses of my mind are now being broken down and essay like sentences are starting to seep from the cracks. Off now to scribble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep scribbling you are nearly done.Did you find those DVD's btw( no rush)

I am ignoring tma08 for a week then will make any final corrections.Doing tma09 this afternoon then I will celebrate with a few ales in my local tabernacle.

Great about the olympics although I have few issues with our government regarding funding.They have now stated that sports that didn't do well will have their funding cut.Surely it should be the other way round?Sounds like politics to me rather than an actual interest in promoting sports.And don't get started on shooting(as you will have probably read)

Massa was never going to be penalised.The rules say only if there are five laps or less do they leave it till after the race for a penalty.It was a blatant offence in my eyes.No doubt a political decision-again.

Ally said...

Well. Yeah. I have mostly NOT been writing an essay, though I am collecting thoughts for it. I thought you had already done 09 and that it just needed posting?

Yep, I know what you mean about the cutting funding for sports. But at the same time, they think that pumping money into the sports we do well in might just ensure us some medals in 2012. The thing is, just because some folks didn't score medals this time round doesn't mean that they wont score medals next time around. But we'll see what happens anyway, good or bad.

Of course the Massa thing was political. He drives for Ferrari, the sparkly golden boys of F1. I knew nothing much would happen to him when they delayed the decision, but you can live in hope!