Friday, June 20, 2008

These dreams...

Don't you just hate it when you have a dream, you are quite sure you are dreaming, but you wake up feeling that the dream was real?

This morning I was woken with that kind of start. I was dreaming that I was asleep, yet I was somewhat awake at the same time - I was able to view everything in the bedroom. Or maybe I was dreaming that I was in the bedroom in the dream. Anyway. I could hear a buzzing sound. I pinpointed it to the curtains, but then it started getting closer. I had in my mind 'There's a bloody wasp coming to get me!' The next thing, the buzzing is right at my ear and I could feel the displaced air on wisps of hair, the proximity of the sting making me sleep wince! Then the wasp landed on my ear, and I was trying to move without moving, hoping that the thing didn't crawl into my ear and sting my eardrum or something! I gently and quietly moved my head, so that the wasp was brushed onto the quilt, and hid my head under the covers. It was this move, in my dream and in reality, that woke me up. I spent the next five minutes listening for waspy buzzing, just in case I hadn't been dreaming!

Can you tell I don't like wasps? I think that this dream was residual fear from last week when I was buzz attacked by an absolutely massive wasp in the bathroom. What freaked me out more than this wasp just ending up dropping from somewhere and buzzing around behind me for a few minutes, and me being just a little incapacitated to get away from it, was that the wasp somehow ended up caught in my hair just above my ear. The buzzing alone is enough to reduce me to tears, but the proximity of the sting to my head completely shook me. Then the bloody thing just dropped from my hair and onto the floor by my foot! Argh! I think I did scream, too!

Well, enough about wasps and dreams of wasps. *Shudder*

I should get my Wallace essay back in the next few days. I am so worried about it. I know now that I didn't answer the question properly, as I've moaned about already. I'm not even sure now that I had enough in there to give me a pass. I'm so disappointed in myself *sigh*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally,back from sunny Crete,will try and blog about later.Wallace,what a strange one.Loved the block,could not write the tma.Mine is way,way too much of a narrative.Honestly had very few points of merit in it.Intended to re-jig it while I was away but well... From what you have blogged Ally you WILL get a good mark I have every faith.Reckon you will get about 80% and I think I will be low 65/70%.Having said that tis a pass so onward and upward.Which books are you using for tma07( Pygmalian and Medea for me)

Ally said...

Welcome back Michael! I've missed you :)

Nah, trust me, my essay was absolutely pants. There was no mortar to the bricks. I didn't really discuss the evidence I used, so I think I have shot myself in the foot with that one. But, as long as I get that magical 40% or more then I will be happy. A pass, no matter how crap, is a pass.

As for 07, not sure yet. Working through Pygmalion at the mo, and have kind of decided on that one for now. I am thinking of being a bit masochistic and choosing Don Juan. But maybe I'll leave trying music until 09. I think I have ruled out Wide Sargasso Sea, but we'll see when I've worked through the block work for it.

Decisive? Moi? Why, thank you!