Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Game, set, and no rain?


So, it was the first day of Wimbledon yesterday. I have to say, it went better than I was expecting. Firstly, Elena Baltacha won her match against Angelique Kerber, 6-3, 2-6, 7-5. Happy, happy, happy. Unfortunately for Melanie South, her match against Alona Bondarenko didn't go quite as well, although she put up a spirited fight, losing 3-6, 7-6 (7-1), 4-6! Alex Bogdanovic also put up a fight, but went down 6-7 (4-7), 6-4, 3-6, 6-7 (4-7) to Simone Bolelli. Ho hum.

Today we have Andy Murray, Chris Eaton (who battled through qualies to get there), Jamie Baker, Naomi Cavaday and Anne Keothavong playing. Katie O'Brien might also be playing today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that more than just Andy Murray progresses through. I don't hold out much hope for Naomi Cavaday, shes up against Venus Williams, but I'd love her to shock Williams and go through!

I'm looking forward to pawing through 'Kult' now, while waiting for Wimbledon to start. 'Kult' is a roleplaying game from the 90s. I owned it way back when, but sold it because I didn't play it much. Over the last few weeks it popped into my head as being a way to feed my brain with some ideas for story writing. So I went on a quest to find it. Imagine my shock at finding out it was no longer in print, and that I would have to track the bugger down! I had no luck, then last weekend I found a copy on Ebay. 'Yipes,' thought I, when seeing the price. £40! I had a few quid left from my grant, so I thought, 'what the hell, let's just get it!' So get it I did. And read it - I will. Now.

No comments: