Friday, June 06, 2008

Brain stew

(Pic from Eurosport)

Damn you, Mr Wallace!

So, having got 1000 words into the HoS essay I am now having to start again. Boo! Hiss! I could tell it wasn't right when I started struggling around 800 words in, but I kept on pulling useless teeth. I emailed my new, shiny tutor and explained how I had interpreted the question and asked some general advice. Most of my interpretation was correct, I was just missing the point historians of science have played. So while I was correct, my whole essay plan was wrong. Phooey! So it's back to the drawing board, and so far I am having little success with rehashing the thing.

I'm taking a break at the mo, watching the Federer-Monfils match. The score is currently 6-2, 3-4 to Federer. I'm hoping Monfils can keep up the good start and win the second set. It is 40-30 in game 8 to the Fed. Oops, okay it is 4-4 in second set now. Whoever wins, Federer I expect, will go on to meet Rafa Nadal (who beat Novak Djokovic in the previous semi) in the final of the French Open.

No comments: