Sunday, June 29, 2008

Doctor Who and Wimbledon, day 6.

As much as I enjoy tennis, I enjoy Doctor Who so much more. I was almost to the point of throwing things at the TV as programs started being moved in favour of the Murray/Haas match. I was willing Murray to win every single point just so Doctor Who would not be interrupted. But, luckily enough, Murray won the match about 30 minutes before the Doctor graced the screen. *Phew*

So, what happened at Wimbledon? Not much. Caroline Wozniacki gave Jelena Jankovic a good run for her money. I was hoping that Wozniacki might win. But no. After a fantastic first set, she lost the match 6-2, 4-6, 2-6. Ah well.

Other than that, nothing spectacular really happened. Janko Tipsarevic ousted Dmitry Tursunov 7-6 (7-1), 7-6 (7-3), 6-3. Shahar Peer took out 9th seed Dinara Safina 7-5, 6-7 (4-7), 8-6.

As for Doctor Who. Fantastic! I loved The Stolen Earth. I especially loved the crazy Dalek Caan. After all, every race needs its crazy psychics! The sound of drums popped up every now and again... Is this something to get excited and shiver with antici..... pation about? But anyway. I shall stop there in case I let anything important slip that spoils it for anyone (*waves* hello Dave!). I can and I can't wait for next week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it was a boss episode rumors are after xmas episode no more until 2010

Ally said...

It's not that there's no more after the Christmas episode. There is no series during 2009, but there are three/four specials. Then in 2010 Steven Moffat, who wrote episodes like Blink and Silence In The Library, takes over from Russel T Davies. Can't wait for Saturday...will it ever come? :D