Sunday, June 15, 2008

Anyone for tennis?

I finally got to see some live tennis yesterday at the Liverpool International. What a great day!

The first match on court was a doubles match between Mansour Bahrami, Barry Cowan, Ilie Nastase and Peter McNamara. I was chuffed at having the opportunity to watch Bahrami, he is such a funny player.


Mansour Bahrami

Next on court was the first ladies singles semi final between Caroline Wozniacki and Tamaryn Hendler. Wozniacki won this match, 6-3, 6-4. She's a really good player, but I've said that before.


Caroline Wozniacki

Next up was the men's semi final between Paul Capdeville and Robert Kendrick. I thought Kendrick would have had this match, but Capdeville pipped him in the tie breaker in the first set, and outplayed him in the second. The result - 7-6 (12-10), 6-4.



Paul Capdeville and Robert Kendrick

After the men's singles, the crowd-puller match happened. This was the Legend's mixed doubles between Pat Cash, Jana Novotna, Mikael Pernfors and Martina Hingis. Another funny, yet serious, match. Cash and Hingis had many a tete-a-tete at the net, and many extremely high lobs were returned. It was a very good match, with Novotna and Cash winning 8-5.



Cash, Novotna, Pernfors and Hingis

I left after the doubles, the sun was taking it's toll on me.



Ouch! Can you see where I had been wearing my entry band and bobble? Asides from the sunburn I had a fabulous day. I think I might go again next year.

(I just wish I had recorded the Queen's tennis. SkiDaddles said that the Nadal match was a good'un!)

(All photos (c) ME! That's why they are not all that good!)

No comments: