Friday, September 19, 2008

Of essays and choking.

TMA08 results day. I should say yay me, but instead I felt a bit bleurgh me. 84%. Now, I know. 84% is a good mark. But it's still not there for getting the 'top class' results. Yeah, yeah, I said I'd be happy just to pass, but as I have a good mark, what in the hell do I have to do just to push it that 1% further and get that elusive 85% to get a first class rating? Argh! I have only managed it once, on TMA03 (90%), but have not even been hitting close to that since. So, based on that, I think my niche is gladiators. That's not good, is it? There is no gladiators specific course! I think I may have to work very, very hard to get what I want from the creative writing course, when it does actually matter what esults I get. Ho hum.

Unfortunately, procrastination beckons now that I can once again get onto the forum. Yay! But I shall control myself (yeah, as if!) and read some more of the course book and do some writing (daily haiku is not my friend at the moment, just can't get into it). And the writing thing is making me consider a wordpress blog even more, as I could put some of my scribbles on separate pages, rather than in the body of blog entry.

As for the choking... I had a visit from a speech therapist this morning. About a year ago I told my consultant that I was having problems if I choked, in that my choke reflex didn't seem very strong, and it took a lot to stop me choking when it happened. Today was the consultation for that problem. However, because the choking fits are so random, there is nothing that can be done, as for them to find out what causes the problems they would have to observe a choking fit. Which is perfectly reasonable. Hopefully, I'll not have another three weeks of choking fits for a while *fingers crossed*.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally,back at last.Great holiday as usual and nice to catch up with old friends.Plus was only ill five days out of fourteen which is pretty good for me.

Downside,the OU has buggered up my registration and when I called to check on materials dispatch they said it will be ten days before they arrive.Feel like I am behind before we even start.Don't even know what "Haiku" is never mind doing it daily.Somewhat frustrated as I can't accesss anything.Ho hum.

Rushed tma08,due to going on hols and paid the price only 76%.Sort anticipated it though as I knew it was a bit week.Having said that I skipped tma05 and even with a crap 08 still managed a 2.1 overall so can't really complain.

try not to choke mate,Got a feeling I will be needing you throughout A215!!!

Ally said...

Yay at the not being ill much! That's good :)

Haiku is a short form of poety in Japan, consisting of three lines of poetry in seventeen syllables, usually set out five, seven, five.

Don't rub it in! Due to two poor results, I would have only managed a 2.2 pass. That sucks big time!

Have you had a tutor assigned yet?

Anonymous said...

Are you sure,our marks seem fairly similar? My lowest was 76% and highest was 88%.Considering i dropped 05 I would have thought you get a 2.1?

Haiku worries me,going to start googling like mad.Is the first tma a freewrite or poetry or both?Close to a panic attack atm,what a moron!

No tutor,materials or any info whatsoever and it looks as though it will be after the course has started.Really bummed out by their "clerical" error.

Ally said...

Nope, I had two scores of 68% and 69%.

I shall send you an email, I've nicked your email addy from Facebook!
Be on the lookout in the next few minutes :D

Anonymous said...

To say you are star Ally is somewhat of an understatement.Thank-you,heart rate is dereasing as I speak.Filakia(greek for thanks and kisses-still in holiday mode)

Ally said...

Don't know any Greek, so

Do itashi mashite - you're welcome in Japanese!