Monday, September 01, 2008

Discombobulated by discomgoogolation?

Mooching around... well, OK. Going to play games on Yahoo! this afternoon, I came across this article. And I have to say, how true it is. I've posted a couple of times about the frustration of losing the internet. It really does make me all jittery, cold turkey stylee!

Then I got to thinking. It's almost sinister how the internet has slotted into everyday life more seamlessly than even mobile phones. I mean, I could live without a mobile phone, but losing the internet drives me absolutely loopy! It's quite scary, when you think about it, how all this information/disinformation is there, at the touch of a fingertip. The internet - greatest conspiracy of all time? I'd have to say yes. After all, how many places have you readily volunteered any personal information without as much as a second thought? And now, as a way to safeguard your computer or car, a biometric fingerprint system has been devised. Now, surely for that to work all the fingerprints will have to be kept on a database somewhere? Devious.

Anyway, enough of my foil hat madness. I still have 500 words to write.

No comments: