Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Again with the free (downloadable, but not keepable) e-book.


Harper Collins are once again offering a Neil Gaiman book, this time Neverwhere, for free for the next 30 days. You can either read it online, or you can download it, though the downloaded file does expire after 30 days.

Go here to enjoy the brilliance that is Neverwhere.

(I loved this book. I think, in fact, I shall dig it out and read it again. Mr Croup and Mr Vandemar make the most delicious villains. You know, I would be so happy if Mr Gaiman were to write a book with these two characters as the protagonists, rather than the antagonists. I still have to see the BBC miniseries, just to see how it fronts up to the book.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this on Tv about 10yrs ago?Got a funny feeling I saw the series.Think it was on a Tuesday night and living in a student house we used to chill out ,be naughty and watch Top Gear,Two fat ladies,Neverwhere and one other programme which escapes me.Remember it being quite enjoyable but sure it's not as good as the book,but adaptations rarely are.
Off to Crete tomorrow morning but will keep up with your blog of course.

Ally said...

Yep, that's the one. The book was written after the program. If I remember correctly from the introduction, Gaiman says he was unhappy with some of the things that he had to put into the TV program, because the producers also had input into the series (or something like that), so he wrote the book to settle his own mind and also to have the story the way he wanted it. It is a fanstastic book.

Enjoy Crete. I'm incredibly envious. I could so use a holiday. I haven't had a holiday in, ooooh, forever!