Friday, September 05, 2008

And it is done.

Finished and sent off, good riddance to TMA08. I would say I hated every minute of it, but some of it I quite enjoyed writing. Saying that, I feel about 08 the same way I felt about 06, that it's a big pile of poo! As much as I want a funky high mark for it, I will be happy just to pass it.

And with the finishing of TMA08, it is also the end of A103. So what do I think I have learned? Well, I think I understand poetry now, though I will never again have the ignorance of writing poetry without thinking of the mechanics ever again. That I will miss. I've realised that I might want to pursue an English language and literature degree, rather than just the language degree. I have a new appreciation for classical music now that I can deconstruct it and mostly understand the techniques used to compose it. I was terrified of the art history sections, but once I started on them I fell into them, and enjoyed it more that I thought I would. I also now have some passing knowledge of philosophy, though I don't feel I could call myself adept at philosophising. All in all, apart from struggling a little through demotivation during the middle-ish of the course, I have enjoyed my time on A103.

I think I shall give myself the weekend to relax (and damn the weather, as I can't go and see La Machine) and play games with Principessa before starting with A215. Yay! Finally I am there!

No comments: