Saturday, September 13, 2008

If I had but the talent or the inkling...

This is fantastic! Batman meets Jane Austen, one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

And speaking of films, holy heck was I disappointed. I watched Be Kind, Rewind last night. Now, while the film was good, not excellent by any stretch of the imagination, I enjoyed it. I loved the use of pizza bloodsplats, and tinsel ghost tazers, but the ending was... not exactly an ending. One thing I like in a film, if it is not part of a series, is for it to have some closure. BKR had no closure. It seemed like they got to that point in the film and just said "Ah, stuff it. That'll do. It's a wrap." Pah! Such a pity, because it was a good idea.

As for the clustering. It seems to be coming along a little. The brain is slowly opening, like a Predataor's maw with lockjaw! I'm not used to thinking in spidergraphs, it almost seems forced. I'm finding it difficult to generate ideas when prompted with something that is likely to be far from the actual story subject. Hopefully, once I've worked through my skepticism, this technique will turn on some lights. At the moment it just feels wrong forcing my brain to make leaps that it wouldn't normally, it usually takes tenacious leaps of its own accord and slaps me accordingly!

Anyway. Back to it.

3 comments:

Line @ WikkidWoman said...

If you like crossover fanfic there is one called "Lizzy the Vampire Slayer" (http://thedwg.com/derby/oldc/genet13.htm), "Your Honesty is Refreshing Or, The Day Snape Screwed Up Pride & Prejudice" (http://bennetgirls.com/Jen/Honesty.html) a bit cheesy but a great laugh. I want a Dr Who/P&P cross over, but might have to write it myself:)

Ally said...

Oh, now that does sound good! Dagnamit! I wish I had the ability!

Line @ WikkidWoman said...

maybe you'll feel able after A215 :) I know I'm not able to do it justice just yet