Sunday, January 06, 2008

Writing help.

Firstly, before the writing stuff, I want to say this. At the moment my heart goes out to a friend of a friend who is experiencing a really horrible and life-numbing situation. At times like this there are no words of comfort to ease the pain. My thoughts are with her and her family and friends.

Now for the writing stuff.

I was pointed (well, not personally) to this post about rewriting through various blogs I read every now and again. I think it is very interesting and thought provoking. It is also very useful for a newbie writer like myself. It informs of the importance of starting a story from the right point to gain maximum impact, and how structural editing should be done before line editing. There is a lot of other useful information in the article. I know I shall be referring back to it as I get further into writing.

If that further happens. The evil demons No'Confidence and Whoderyer Thinkyakidding have reared their ugly stepsister faces. My words have been captured and imprisoned in a damp, dark dungeon (can you see the Warden of Alliteration whipping my exposed back?). The hero, Pen, with his sidekick Woodpulp, is nowhere to be seen. Their stand-in, Com Puter, is feeling the vicious, blinding rage of Blank Page. Who will save me from my wordless fate?

ARGH!

Now for the tennis news.

Andy Murray won the Doha final. Yay him! It was a really good match, dependent on a deciding set. Stanislas Wawrinka really put him through the wringer, and some of the rallies were exceptional. Let's hope he carries this form into the Aussie Open.

No comments: