Saturday, January 26, 2008

Isn't it strange when co-incidence happens?

Yeah, it's just been happening to me. Remember I said that I'd written a poem that had a Doctor Who influence? Well, I have just been trawling blogs when I came across this blog. This post made me immediately think of the poem because of its mention of aliens and angels as interchangeable forms in science fiction and fantasy stories. I said I might post it up, so here it is, though it is still in draft form:


Abyss, gazing.

Through a crack in
time, another broken body falls.
Entrail-like demons
lassoo candyfloss clouds in
a vain attempt to gain
purchase on another precipice,
as they weave black and twisted
webs in the star-
mottled dream cloth of the fates.

In the abyss, deities
cry tears for long lost pawns.
Marionette strings
cut, the body is freed from
chains. Broken links ensnare
flailing demons, allowing
self-reflection in the forest
in the valley of the
disillusioned.

Bonny wanderer - distinguish
your guide and your seducer.
One man's angel is
another man's alien, both
a seraph falling - perpetual,
abysmal darkness. Hermes
of an eternal throne,
take to wing-ed heel and run
through wicked skies and knowledgeable trees;
a chaos branch will lead
to fragments of Gallifrey.
© A. Tresidder 2008

So there you go. Strange.

In sports-type news; Maria Sharapova beat Ana Ivanovic. Bah! I was hoping that Ivanovic would pull the rabbit out of the hat and win her first slam. Still, two grand slam finals in the last year, that's not bad going!

In the ice skating, the Kerrs did not get a medal. Bah! Sinead had a bit of a slip that cost them, but saying that, the couples that finished above them were better. So I don't have any qualms about that.

No comments: