Thursday, January 03, 2008

Oh no, not the bones!

Principessa and I started reading a book on the human body yesterday. As we read through, we reached the page concerning the skeleton. One of the interactive parts of the page had a spinning circle with different foods on, and the legend 'Eating different types of food helps the bones to grow strong and healthy'. We looked through the different foods and Principessa seemied to be quite interested and excited about it.

"That's why it's important to eat your dinner," I said.

"No Mummy, I don't like to eat me dinner," Principessa said.

"But eating food helps your bones to grow."

"But I don't like to eat bones."

And there you have it.

I have started working on the war poetry part of my OU prep material. It's interesting how different I see the poetry now, as to when I was 14 studying it in school. The poems hold much more of an impact now, especially as I understand a bit more about poetry and have stopped to listen about people's experiences in the war. When we studied war poetry in school I wasn't very interested. I did not read or write poems then, and I did not want to look too keen in school as I was being bullied anyway. So I distanced myself . (I did this a year later when my English teacher tried to get me to read Romeo And Juliet after I used a passage from the play in a short story for a piece of coursework. If course, I said no. I didn't want to be targeted for doing extra work.) I wish I had taken the time to read the poems properly back then, and do other things that may have been beneficial for me.

Andy Murray continues his good form, despite a blip in the first set of his second match. He won yesterday's match 1-6 6-0 6-1. Good stuff. He might have more of a fight on his hands today. He goes up against Thomas Johansson.

I think I need to write down the ideas I have late at night. I have so many starts of stories, or ideas for middles, just before I go to sleep. I don't write them down though, because it is so hard to get up. I will have to start though, because I am doing myself out of some good ideas and, possibly, good writing. Stupid me.

No comments: