Monday, January 14, 2008

Woohoo! Finally started on essay.

Okay, so it's only a 500 word essay, but at least I have the first draft done. I think it sounds all right, but we shall see. (When I think about it, I can easily talk myself out of believing it actually answers the question.) Kirst is popping round today, and we are going to read over each others essays, and hopefully they will both be okay. Then we will go all techno and work out how to submit the damn things!

Principessa has become so mouthy of late. I really don't know what has gotten into her. Mouthy and stubborn. Not great character traits... Well, stubborn can be in certain situations, but not in the situations Principessa is stubborn in. She is driving me up the wall! And the MD makes it that much harder to sort out when she is in a difficult mood.

I've now read the first two books of The Black Orchid series. I must have been distracted when reading them, I don't actually remember what happened. I will have to start over. Poo! I didn't even get to Jane Eyre. I have picked up Pygmalion instead. I'm about half way through, so I'll finish the first read of that today. Then maybe I'll do Jane Eyre, or I might just go straight to Wide Sargasso Sea. I'll see how I'm feeling.

Over the past week I have been trying to work around a prequel to the LRRH (Little Red Riding Hood) story. I am having trouble working out which point of view (POV) to use, and whose POV to use. Sometimes I think Rosie's POV would work, but then I get stuck on how to twist the story. Then I think maybe I should use the Wolf's POV, but then it's not about Rosie. Struggling, I am.

On tennis news, there is no further British interest in the Aussie Open. Andy Murray was almost comprehensively beaten (his third set was good, he won the set 6-0, but he had his butt whooped in the other three sets) by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. I thought he might get beaten, there is something about the way Tsonga plays, like he is possessed. The other Brit (Scot really) was Jamie Baker, but he stood no chance against Ivo Karlovic. Both are out in the first round. Ho hum.

(Principessa is whinging upstairs because Nanny has kicked her off the computer. All I can hear is "It's my computer," "No, it's my computer!" "Do as you're told" "But I am not naughty" drifting down the stairs. Bolshy Principessa.)

No comments: