Friday, January 25, 2008

Interesting final.

So Djokovic knocked Federer out of the Aussie Open in straight sets. That was the scenario I was hoping for. It's about time that a grand slam final was Federer-less! I think the last time that happened was at the French Open in 2005. I now have the Tsonga/Djokovic match to look forward to on Sunday morning. The women's final is being shown at 2.30am, so I will have to watch a repeat. Sleep is more important!

The ice skating has been fun to watch. Tomáš Verner won gold, which I was pleased about. Stephane Lambiel came second and Brian Joubert came third. I like watching all three skate, Lambiel is fantastic at spins, Joubert is usually just brilliant (not last night, though!), and Verner just attacks the program and never does less than 100%. He definitely deserved the win. I'm looking forward to watching the free dance in the ice dance competition tonight. I'm hoping that John and Sinead Kerr will do well, and hopefully jump two places to finish in 3rd.

Apart from enjoying all the sports, I seem to have hit a bit of a low. Not feeling quite so chirpy today. *Sigh* I hate it when days of lowness creep up on me and smack me in the face with a kipper. I just feel so despondent, and it is so hard putting on a happy face to try to hide it from Principessa. I would love to bury myself in my duvet and hide away until it passes, but there is no possible way that I can. I can only wait for the pressure that builds up at the front of my head to die away, and that sinking feeling in my gut to resurface. No point trying to do any writing or anything in general when I'm like this. Ho hum.

No comments: