Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The first of the year.

So what's to say about New Year? Nowt, really. Took Principessa to bed at around 7.30pm, then stayed in bed for a while because I was feeling ill. When the bleurghness subsided I went back downstairs and played on the Wii for a while with my Dad. And that was about the sum of things.

Andy Murray started his tennis campaign for the year with a fantastic 6-0 6-2 win over Olivier Rochus. Unfortunately Elena Baltacha did not win her match. So still, no decent female British players. Pah.

So now the year has begun, what are my goals? Hmmm, I've been thinking about that today.

  1. Lose some weight (have to sort out a plan of action for this one.)
  2. Cut out chocolate. Argh, I loves me choccie!
  3. Kick drinking coffee again.
  4. Get Principessa into some sort of bedtime routine.
  5. Buy a printer/scanner/photocopier so I can start Principessa with some Jolly Phonics stuff.
  6. Relax a bit more, and don’t get intimidated by the Open Uni course.

As for writing;

  1. Write at least 7000 words per month on the novel.
  2. Write one short story per month (I need to start working on short story inspiration).
  3. Write poetry when and where the mood suits.
  4. Update the journal at least three times a week.
  5. Write down as many of my crazy dreams as I can.

And that is that. I might even attempt to write some book reviews. That might even help me with my uni course. So, if I keep to the plans, then I should have the first draft of the novel written by around October. Let's see how I go.

No comments: