Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"But my bum is too small!"

Don't you just wish you could say that? Well, that is Principessa's new moan for when she doesn't want to do as she is told. "I can't because my bum is too small!" What can you say to that? Not only that but she put her jeans on before, which in itself is fantastic, but they're on back to front! She makes me laugh!

She is a genius at work. She is starting to tell more stories now and I love it. The only thing is, they are always about Captain DJ. I am so sick of hearing about Captain DJ. But she is inventing characters too. The other day she told me about the Wire Cat. That sounds like an interesting character. But he seems to be an angry cat, as he wags his tail and scares Captain DJ away.

Over the last few weeks I have been reading the blog by the writer Elizabeth Bear. I think I must have found it on the SF/F Writers Who Blog page. I seem to check in at her blog about two to three times a day now. I am totally immersed in her writing bubble (I just wish some of her motivation and shiny would rub off onto me!) and some of the writing advice she gives is spot on. I think I might have to read a book by her now (I am ashamed to say that I had not heard of her before) because if her fiction is anywhere as good as her blog, then it has to be good!

No comments: