Friday, April 04, 2008

Who gave Sod the opportunity to devise a law?

So, yesterday morning. I was up early to make sure I got to bid on a bunch of Doctor Who toys for Principessa as she had somehow managed to loose her Doctor. I put my bid in with 49 seconds to go, and yay me, won the items. Feeling happy with myself that I would once again make Principessa a happy girl again, I toddled off to do some other stuff online.

Fast forward, yesterday afternoon. Go upstairs to sort out the pile of books that needed to be put up on the shelves and sort out other bits and bobs in the bedroom. I was 'happily' going through stuff, when it came to sorting out the yellow bin behind the door. Now, somehow, stuff that wasn't to be thrown away had been put in there along with the odd bit of paper that needed shredding. Sitting on top was a brown paper Starbucks bag that Principessa had used to put a load of stuff in. I started to sift though it:

  1. Lots of felt tip pens with no lids.
  2. Lots of lids for other felt tip pens.
  3. Lots of cards for a Dr Seuss board game she had destroyed.
  4. Various chess pieces.
  5. Magnetic letters.
  6. Lots of scribbled on paper.
  7. And.... you've guessed it. The Doctor.

Typical. The day I finally get round to replacing the lost Doctor the bloody doll appears. I take it downstairs to a computer goggle-eyed Principessa (who had been playing games downstairs on the computer while I was upstairs) and show it to her. She runs over, gives the Doctor a hug and then says:

  • "Oh no! There's someone missing!"
  • "Who?" I asked.
  • "Daleks and Cybermen!"
  • "She hasn't got a Cyberman," said Grandand.
  • "Good job I bought the new Doctor then. There's one in the bundle," I said.

So now the Doctor has appeared I have a happy Principessa. I'm just going to have to search for her Daleks now....

No comments: