Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jaded.

I've only been on the OU course for just over 2 months and already I'm jaded by something that has happened.

When you join the OU you are given access to course forums. I had been having a look around course forums of courses that I want to take after A103 and had clicked on a post that had an attachment. So I clicked on the attachment (usually pictures, sometimes documents relevant to the course) - yeah, I blogged about this last week. No need to repeat myself. Anyway, the situation on the forum rollerballed and it turned out that somehow the link for the attachment was dodgy (it was supposed to be a picture of a cat, but other people clicked on it and pictures of their kids popped up), but the fear of the implications had already taken hold. I sent the person who posted the original post a message apologising for how the situation blew up, but at the same time the person must understand how I felt.

So I now feel particularly bleurgh about the whole thing. About clicking in the link in the first place, about asking for advice on how to handle it, about everything. I think I'll continue with the course until it's finished, but I'm not sure if I'll do any others.

Bah! I was enjoying it up to now, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ally sounds like a very innocent mistake to me.Ask your self this.
Did you do it on purpose?
Were you just following what you thought was a innocent link?
were you enjoying these things until something blew up beyond your control?
Don't give up,these are great courses especially for people with health issues and don't put yourself down.I don't know you but i doubt very much you are bad person.Keep your chin up.