Friday, April 11, 2008

I think Sod has it in for me!

I had to go to the hospital today, just to get the results of the sleep study I had in December. It took us ages to get a parking space, which meant spending ages waiting to be seen because I was late. Principessa was a little star while we waited, playing with her cyberman ("Isn't my cyberman beautiful?" she asked me the other day... strange child!) and Dr Who figures and scribbling on some paper (kindly provided by the nurse) with crayons that she had found in the back pocket on the wheelchair. It was hardly worth going. The Doc asked how I was feeling, if I sleep okay, if I feel overly tired during the day. Then he told me that as all was fine, and as the tests came back with satisfactory results that that was all he needed to say.

So, as Principessa had been so good, we went to the bookshop. She finally decided on two Charlie and Lola books and a Mr Greedy book. Then it was Starbucks time (only take out though, much cheaper that way!). All is fine and dandy, and Principessa is still behaving.

Out we went to the car, Principessa sucking her lollipop, all is good and the world is happy. Until we all get settled in the car and Grandand notices something on the windscreen. Yup, a fixed penalty notice for parking in a disabled bay. In all the kerfuffle of getting me and Principessa out of the car, Grandand had forgotten to put the freshly renewed (on Wedenesday) blue badge on the dashboard. Bartender!

Ah well, elephants and equilibrium and all that jazz!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ally,glad it is not just me that has those days!Keep smiling we will be rewarded-eventually.