Monday, April 28, 2008

I don't like Mondays...

Just a title. I have no reason not to like Mondays. Monday is just like any other day. Now I shall stop rambling.

I am so very tired today. Principessa decided she had to stay up past 11 last night. I tried everything possible to calm her from her excitable mood; shower Doctor Who, Green Eggs and Ham audiobook, making pompom and pipe cleaner bugs. Nothing worked. She was a veritable Energiser bunny. When she finally did settle I was in no mood to sleep, so sat down and trundled through an hour and a half of studying Rousseau, democracies and persistent minorities. I am constantly surprised at how interesting this all is, I never thought I would enjoy this section. Unfortunately, late nights being the time that is available to study, it sets my brain going and stops me from dropping off to sleep. I think I spent half an hour dramatically miming along to 80's power ballads (why, oh why did I put Heart on the IPod? It's like finding an old friend!), then completely wound down reading some more of Un Lun Dun by China Mieville. (Yes, I know. I said a few days ago that I was reading Dust by Elizabeth Bear. Couldn't get into it. Brain is not in gear for that sort of story at the moment.)

I am just about to do some more studying, now Principessa has gone to bug her Nanny. I think I will start putting down the bones of the next assignment while the information about persistent minorities is still fresh in the mind. I might think about lunch first, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heart,thats a blast from the past.Got me humming Whitesakes"here I go again" Typing up tma04,as usual paranoid but nothing new there!
Did like the blog you recomended,really good.enjoed the Haight-Ashbury art one.If I could time travel thats where I would be.Great music,psychedlia etc etc.

Ally said...

I posted TMA04 off on Saturday. It was all a load of poop, but I couldn't stand looking at it any more. I completely understand the paranoia thing, so worried that I've left stuff out, or that I haven't explained myself well enough, or myriad other reasons. I am just a kaleidoscope of self doubt.

Anonymous said...

I seem to remember a time when Whitesnake had a vague credibility around our sixth form. But that was pre-Tawny Kitten (or however you spell it). Am now looking down the barrell of my research project and an end of August deadline - sympathies!

Oh, and I tagged you!