Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Pianist Principessa

Who'd have thunk it? Yesterday Andy Murray beat Roger Federer in the first round at Dubai. I thought he might have cracked after loosing the first set, but no! I see Federer wasn't too impressed that Murray had won, saying something along the lines of 'Murray will have to work hard to get wins if he continues to play the way he does - waiting for the mistakes of the other player'. (Paraphrased there, but it was something like that.) Surely that's a valid form of play. After all, to play that way means that you can't make the mistake first otherwise you lose the point. Bah! Tennis players!

Forget Bah! Tennis players. Bah bleeding galdiators! Or rather the attitudes of Roman society to them. I'm getting my brain tied up in knots trying to work this one out. Well, not to work it out, but rather to write anything down that makes sense and stays on topic. I keep finding myself drifting away and writing about what goes on in the arena rather than the status of the gladiator. Argh!

Well, off to do some more reading to see if I can clear my head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW,that is an old tree!I do admire the Japanese and their strong sense of duty and loyalty.Seem to have lost that in our own society.As for gladiators-not even started yet!!