Friday, March 21, 2008

Going to the pictures.

So, this weekend, I am planning on taking Principessa to the cinema for the first time. Ooohh, I'm so dubious about this! I am hoping that the huge screen will completely grab her attention and encourage her to stay in her seat.

She has been talking a lot about going with Nanny, and this morning she told me what was happening;

  • "We are going to Betsycar to go to the cinemark and eat popcork."
I love the way she talks! Except when she makes me feel guilty. I was trying to clean up the bedroom earlier and Principessa was jumping around, making a general nuisance of herself. I threw a t-shirt onto the bed, but she was so engrossed in jumping about that she jumped in the way of it and I think it shocked her. She started crying and saying;
  • "Mummy, you hurted me and broke me into lots and lots of tiny little pieces!"
I mean, come on! I spent the next five minutes hugging her and saying sorry!

Her latest favourite phrase tickles me though. Whenever something happens, whether it is something with Principessa or something with someone else, and you say, "That's so funny," this is how the conversation goes;
  • Me or whoever: "That's so funny!"
  • Principessa: "It is not funny."
  • Me or whoever: "It is funny. It is really funny!"
  • Principessa: "Well, I suppose it is a little big funny!"
I know. How cute?

Well, time to get back to writing about gladiatores. Yes, I know, but that's how it was originally spelled. So there! Only got another 600 or so words to write about them. Then I can finish writing about the Colosseum. Half way through that one, just letting the combat foxes in my brain work around the order and work out what elements I need to include.

No comments: