Sunday, May 11, 2008

Future stuff

I signed up to my next course yesterday. Going to do A215 Creative Writing. I just hope that I do well in it, otherwise I'll be heartbroken! One of the reasons for choosing it is to have my writing looked at with a critical eye, so I can find out areas where I might be going wrong. But yay, looking forward to it.

My new tutor (as I had been assured) is fantastic. I sent an email to him yesterday to introduce myself and to ask about referencing and submitting my assignments electronically. He gave me all the info I needed and even went through a test TMA to make sure everything was working fine. I am extremely happy and relieved. Being able to use the eTMA (electronic tutor marked assignment) system means I have a few extra days to write my assignments, although it doesn't matter for the next one as it is written already. I read it over today (good job, too, as there was a glaring typo) and it sounds okay, so I might send it off sometime next week. I'll just give my brain a chance to make sure all subject matter has been assimilated (I sound like the Borg! Resistance is futile!) over the next few days.

Over the last week or so, Principessa has become a very whingey girl. She has decided to take on the traits of Baby Bear. Whenever she has a bottle o' tea (she still doesn't feel ready to give bottles up, even though she does use cups and beakers) she moans that it is too hot. If she has juice she moans that it is too cold. It seems so strange to have to say: "It's not too hot. It's not too cold. It's just right," every time I give her a drink! She also likes to take the role of the big bad wolf when Nanny stops her from going into her room. Principessa will stand outside Nanny's door and shout:

  • Let me in! I'll huff. And I'll puff. And I'll blow the door in!

Something tells me I shouldn't let her watch The Italian Job!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like Peter,he is a star.I am at a complete impasse today.Sort of feel like giving up on this one.Just cannot do it.May leave it for a few days and try and clear my head.May just say sod it and get a zero it is getting me down.

Ally said...

What are you having trouble with? And don't forget, there is still 2 weeks to go before you have to have it in.

Take the day off, go and do some painting, and just forget about it for the day. If you're not thinking about it, your mind can subconsciously mulch it about and make sense of it.

If you're still struggling, send me an email and we can hash it out, if you like? There's an email addy on facebook.

Anonymous said...

Thanks ally,probably just sressing too much.Just back from the hospital and things seem ok,they are hoping the need for a pacemaker will stave off the need for a transplant for a good while.Which suits me as the thought of it feels me with abject terror!! Got a tutorial tonight which may point me in the right direction,if not i will mail you.Oh and by the way do try not to finish tma06 before i finish tma05!!!

Ally said...

I only wish I was that good! I have started reading block 4, but after watching the DVDs I was hoping to avoid the religion part of the block. More fool me, I had to go back to it after starting History of Science as references were made towards the religion part. The HoS section looks absolutely intriguing, I have to say!

I've got a tutorial on Wednesday, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it yet. I'd really like to because, as you know, it's focused on 'Death of Socrates'. I want to know if I'm on the right track with it.