Friday, May 30, 2008

ARGH!

Internet! I have the internet back! Thank buggery!

Yep, as you may have guessed, I lost the internet for a week. I was able to check emails on Mumbles' computer, but other than that it's been an internet free zone. Just got to try and get another provider sorted out before June 29 now.

I had not realised how much I depended on the internet. It was quite strange looking at the computer and feeling really apathetic towards it, even though I have been trying to get the first draft for the HoS essay done. (I am 3/4 of the way through it, just ordering my thoughts before finishing it. Then it'll be fine tooth comb time.) I have had to keep myself busy - when not busy with Principessa - with Guitar Hero and reading.

I finally got around to buying 'The Myths vols I-VI'. I sat down, really looking forward to reading 'The Helmet Of Horror' by Victor Pelevin, finished it, and didn't get it at all. Bum! It was very interesting. It was done as if it you were reading the messages from a group of peeps in a chatroom. Interesting concept, but very strange story. I think it might need reading again. But, it has been put away, and I am now reading 'The Diamond Age' by Neal Stephenson. I've only just started it, so have no opinion just yet.

Principessa is made up at the moment. I bought a Dr Who duvet set for her, and she jumped around excitedly while Grandand put it on her bed. As soon as it was on, she jumped onto the bed, tamourine in hand, and sang:

Doctor Who had a bed
And he had a sleep
And he was good
And he was happy
Yay! We did it!

Don't ask me! I'm just glad she loves her bed now. Maybe she'll sleep in it more often now.

No comments: