Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Principessa magic.

Principessa had a funny day yesterday. We were both upstairs and when I went to sit down on the stairlift she ran down the stair ahead of me.

"Mummy monster is coming to get you! ROOOAAARRR!" I said.

*High pitched squeal* from Principessa as she runs from the hall into the front room.

Every now and again she would run from the front room while I was slowly rumbling down the stairs, so I would monster roar again and she would squeal and run back into the front room. Just as I dismounted the stairlift she runs back into the hall.

"ROOOOAAARRR!"

*Squeal* and legs it back into the front room.

I go up the hall and peer in through the crack in the door. I can't see Principessa anywhere. So into the front room I go, look around, still can't see her. Then I notice this little bundle of bath towel on the jigsaw mat.

"Oh no! I can't find Principessa! Where, oh where, has Principessa gone?" I say to the room. Stifled giggles interspersed with high pitched squeals emanate from the towel just before she jumps up and says "Here I am!"

Funny little girl!

Today has been nearly as funny. My Mum was asking me about some stuff in regards to the grant that we are applying for in order to get an extension put on the back of the house. I told her that the info that the peeps were asking for should have been on the photocopies of the documents they has asked for. Principessa heard this.

"I want a photocoffee too!"

How cute? A photocoffee. I love that!

Tonight I have another tutorial. This time we know what we are doing, so maybe more conversation will happen.

Last night, after Kirst had left and Principessa was asleep, I finally got around to putting my thoughts on paper for the art history part of my assignment. I have put down a first draft, but there are other things I need to fit into the 300 words analysis. So I shall type up what I have, clean it up, and see if there is any way I can fit in the extra points. I have also started on the poetry analysis - on Carol Ann Duffy's sonnet 'Prayer'. I think I'm going to have to be quite tight with the sentences for this one, otherwise I wont be able to put half of what I want to say down.

I have now ventured into the music part of Block 1. How my head hurts! Not from not liking the music, most of what I have listened to I have liked. The headaches are coming from having to learn a whole new vocabulary and using it in the correct context. Some things I know already, like pizzicato and tempo, but other things, like double-stopping and neumes, I didn't know. Argh!

I suppose, from having to do art, one of the things I have wanted to do might now come to fruition. Yesterday, and distracted as we get, Kirst and I started looking into a trip to Paris to visit the Musée d'Orsay instead of studying. At first we were thinking of going for a two night stay but finally decided on a day trip. We can get a cheap return flight for about £50, so we are thinking of going over one day in June. I've asked Gaz to come over with us because I will need help with some things, and I've asked Grandand to look after Principessa for the day. It will be the first time I have spent a day away from her. I think Kirst and I will have to go to the flight desk to book the tickets, just in case I need to pay extra for the wheelchair.

I have been talking to Principessa about school over the last few days. The reason for this is that she is going back to nursery next week. I have been telling her that I go to school now, just so she knows that she isn't the only one that has to do it. I told her that I am going to school tonight, and she said that she wants to go to school too. I just hope she settles in this time around.

No comments: