Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Music, Art and Over The Hedge.

Music/Stuff uploaded to Ipod:

  1. Transformers Score – Steve Jablonsky
  2. Sweeney Todd Soundtrack – Stephen Sondheim
  3. CD5A (TMA02 Help and Advice) – Open University
  4. Le Sacre Du Printempts; Firebird Suite – Stravinsky (Chicago Symphony Orchestra)
  5. Hits (free CD with newspaper) – Lenny Kravitz
  6. Greatest Hits – Red Hot Chili Peppers
  7. Greatest Hits – Guns ‘n’ Roses
  8. Best Of – Def Leppard

I’ve been working through Block 1 of the OU course. The first block looks at art history, poetry, listening to music, and philosophy. As I’ve been learning more about poetry over the last few weeks (thank you, Mr Stephen Fry!) I feel pretty okay about the poetry part of my next assignment. All I have to do for that part is write it out in some form of coherent analysis now. I’ve worked through the art history unit, though I think I may have to re-read some of it before I attempt to gather my thoughts about the painting we have to analyse – Picasso’s Girl In A Chemise. I’ve not even ventured into looking at the music and philosophy parts yet.


Principessa woke me this morning by reciting parts of ‘Over The Hedge’ in a loud, screechy voice! It’s strange being woken up to “I’d be much less scared of it if I knew what it was called.” “Let’s call it Steve.” “Steve. Steve’s a nice name. I’m much less scared of Steve.” She is currently watching The Simpsons, the one where Bart falls down the well, and eating Milky Way Stars.


Mum has just come to tell me about further family history. She has traced it back to William Tressider who was born in March 1681. That’s some way back!

No comments: