Monday, August 13, 2007

What must it be like to be in her head?

Principessa had another funny day yesterday. It must be fun to live in the mind of a child, and oh, how I wish I were in that state of mind.

Principessa was playing in her Nan’s' room. Nan has a large circular magnet living on her walker. Principessa was trying to remove it from its place, but the magnet was too strong for her. She goes to her Nan and says, "Nanny, the money button is very too stuck." Don't ask me where she came up with the idea that a magnet is a money button, but it sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

A little bit later, Nan shows Principessa how the magnet sticks to a metal coaster. "Oooohhh," she says, "a helicopter!" I wonder what she would see in inkblot pictures.

Nan then shows Principessa how the magnet sticks to the coaster when a tissue is put between them. "Aaaaahhhh," she says, "it's a Binky-bonk!" No, I don't know either.

In my world, which is not that different to Principessa's world, as I too live in my imagination lately, I started writing down the plans for another story? I might, one day, sit down and finish one of these damn stories. I have to put ideas down when I have them, otherwise, like spaghetti in a colander, they will slip from my memory.

No comments: