Sunday, August 12, 2007

A day in the life of....

Principessa.

She had a good one yesterday. I had been sorting out my room and her cot, so that the cot magically transformed into a bed. With this, she was very happy. It was the in-between of cot and bed that brought the giggles.

Grandand and Uncle Gareth were sorting out the cot. The sides were taken off and leaned up against wall and wardrobe until they could be moved somewhere else. Principessa decided that the cot sides would now be her ladders and ran around shouting "My la-dah, my la-dah!" She then commenced climbing up the cot side leaning against the wardrobe. She got to the top and climbed into the top shelf compartment, turned herself round, sat down and began shouting "Help me, I'n stuck!" (Yes, really. It is "I'n", not "I'm".) To give you the picture, she is bent over double with her head sticking out of the wardrobe over her feet. Uncle Gareth then films her on his phone and moves the camera closer to her until she can take it from him. The camera is pointing to her pyjama trousers and she says, "Ohhhh, Niamh trousers," and then giggles, as if it is something really amazing. Funny little girl. We then proceed to freeing her from her self-imposed wardrobe prison.

It gets to bedtime, then past it, then to 10pm. I go upstairs to attempt putting her to sleep. Firstly, I try putting up some star lights so that the room is not dark. If only it was that easy. No, the lights only encourage her to try to climb up shelves to try to catch them. So the lights are switched off. Next, we try tucking Principessa into bed. So she is lying in her bed, and I climb into my bed. I sing her favourite bedtime songs - the A, B, C's and Sweet Child O' Mine. Yay, it seems to be working. I turn over and try to go to sleep, only to have my bed invaded. So, she lies next to me.

I say, "Are you going to be a big girl like Lola one day and sleep in your own bed?"

She cuddles into me and says, "I'm not Lola." (Lola is a character from her favourite books at the mo, the 'Charlie and Lola' series.) She then goes to sleep.

So, that is Principessa for you. (Oh, another funny incident. She was being naughty in the bathroom a few days ago and I tell her to get out. She doesn't, naturally, and shouts back to me, "I need discipline!")

Well, I'm off now to put a story plan into action. I'm just hoping it will be an A-Team moment and I can finish by saying "I love it when a plan comes together."

No comments: