Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Transformers. Robots in Disguise.

All I can say is, wow! I went to see Transformers last night with Laura, Jules and Gaz. I was knocked out of my chair. It was fantastic. The animation was amazing. I think I could sit there for hours watching the film over and notice new things each time. I am really glad it was a good film. Too many of the films I have been to see over the last few months have disappointed me. (With the exception of Harry Potter 5, though the ending did seem a bit rushed. It was better than the book, I thought.)


I also saw a trailer for Stardust. That, too, looks fantastic. I will have to go and see it at some point. I’ve not read the book, so hopefully I will be happy with the film. I was so looking forward to Eragon a few months ago after reading the book, but was sorely disappointed. I think Laura got sick with me at that film I was shaking my head and tutting so much throughout it. I was so angry that a book I had thoroughly enjoyed reading had been carved up so much that the only things the book and the film had in common were the names of the characters and the dragon. Not good. It was as if the producers had read the book and said, “This is a great story. Here you are (the screenwriters), make it into a film.” The screenwriters then took the book, ripped a handful of pages out of the book and said, “This’ll do. We don’t need the heart of the story. What do we need consistency of story for?” Idiots.


Ah well, enough of my ranting.