Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Where, oh where, has my sanity gone?

I think I must have enjoyed Wednesday to Friday las week a bit too much. Principessa came down with a temperature over the weekend so I have kept her at home for the past two days. How I miss those precious few hours that she spends at nursery! I sound really horrible there, but it is the only time I have for myself, and Principessa has progressed from the terrible twos to the totally demanding threes. It's just nice to let someone else deal with her for a few hours! As you can guess, she's better now.

Facebook has been eating up a lot of my time just recently. I will have to remove the wireless card from the laptop if I am to get down to doing some writing and learning some Japanese.


I received an email from a Japanese pen-pal yesterday telling me of her trip to Yakushima and visiting 'Jumonsugi', which is located at the top of a mountain and took her and her friends 12 hours to climb to reach. 'Jumonsugi' is the oldest tree in the world, estimated to be around 7000 years old. Wow! Just imagine what that tree must have seen! Imagine the stories it could tell. I'm going to have get to imagining! It takes my breath away that there are living things on this earth that have been around for that amount of time.

On that note, I shall go and imagine being such a grand tree, with its wealth of stories and memories.


No comments: