Friday, October 05, 2007

The chains of consumerism.

So 'Heroes' is being released on DVD. Yay! I say to that. I really loved the show. It allowed me to feel very comic book ungeeky as it was something I hadn't read beforehand, so it was all new to me. Anyway, that's not the point.

I was looking around the sites, seeing where I could buy the complete season for the cheapest price (I have to shop for a bargain!), when I found that the online graphic novels attached to the show have been compiled into a book. I just happened to scroll down the page of one of the sites to find thhis question on the discussion board:

Why would anyone want to buy this? You can easily get the graphic novels online and read them for free, so why pay for it?

To which someone gave the best ever plain and simple reply:

I can't read a PC comic while I'm on the toilet. 'Nuff Said...

Love it!

No comments: